Got a new PS4 for Christmas? Can’t get enough? Here’s how to play it on your smartphone.
We all know that Sony, the much-loved creators of PlayStation, also produce wonderfully well-equipped smartphones, packed with amazing tech and incredible features.
It’s some of those incredible features, though, that you may not be so aware of. If you received a shiny new PlayStation for Christmas, then the PS4 Remote Play app will very much be of interest to you, as you try and shake off that post-Christmas gaming addiction.
Here’s How to Get Set up with PS4 Remote Play
Don’t worry if you don’t have a Sony smartphone, the app is available for any Android smartphone or tablet. Head over to the Google Play store and download the Remote Play app for free.
Now you’ve got the app ready to rock, simply follow the setup instructions below:
- Go to Settings on your PS4.
- Enable Remote Access to your PS4 > Remote Play Connection Settings > Enable Remote Play.
- Open the PS4 Remote Play app on your Xperia or other Android smartphone.
- Sign in with the same PlayStation Network Online ID (PSN) account as is used on your PS4.
- The PS4 and your smartphone should now be paired.
Now you have two options to play: you can either connect your DUALSHOCK 4 controller via Bluetooth to your Android smartphone or tablet, or use the on-screen controls on your phone. The choice is yours, simply to suit your style of gaming. Connect your controller with the instructions below:
- Press and hold the Share and PlayStation buttons on your DUALSHOCK 4 controller until you get a flashing light.
- Now pick up your smartphone and find the controller on your Bluetooth menu.
- Simply select and pair. Now you’re away.
Here’s a handy video in case you get stuck:
Other PS4 Hints and Tips
Play Where You Want
Want to game without moving from your bed? Then you need to be able to turn on your PS4 from anywhere at home. Let’s make sure your PS4 is set up to do this. Follow the instructions below:
- Go to your PS4 Settings.
- Select Power Save Settings > Select Set Features Available in Rest Mode.
- Make sure Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning On PS4 from Network are both enabled.
Now you’ll be able to power on your PS4 when it’s in rest mode, right from the Remote Play app.
The DUALSHOCK 4 Battery
You want to get the maximum amount of juice from your DUALSHOCK 4 controller don’t you? Here are a couple of ideas to try out. Go and grab your controller.
A) Go to Settings on your PS4 > Devices > Controllers – and from here you can change the following:
- i. Reduce LED brightness to low
- ii. Turn off vibration
- iii. Turn off sound
- iv. Set the controller to automatically turn off after a time of inactivity
B) Buy a second controller. Use one until empty and keep one charged up via your USB ports for non-stop gaming!
Now you have that all sorted, why not treat yourself to a shiny new smartphone and enjoy a beautiful visual experience from the Sony Xperia range. You get a large 4K screen resolution with the amazing Sony Xperia XZ Premium and some of the best phone screens on the market from other Sony devices. It has to be the perfect way to enjoy your favourite games.