All your emails sent to your iPhone, in one handy app.
Using Mail, one of Apple’s native iPhone apps, you can set up your email accounts to receive your incoming messages in real time. There are two ways in which to set Mail up: automatically and manually.
You can set up email providers like Outlook, Google and Yahoo automatically, just your email address and password are required. However, some providers may need you to enter email settings manually. If you don’t know your mail settings, use Apple’s lookup.
Setting Up in Mail Automatically
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add Account.
- Choose your email provider from the list to complete the process automatically. If yours isn’t shown, tap Other to set up your account manually.
- Enter your email address and password, then tap Next so Mail can attempt to verify your account. Note: some email providers (such as Hotmail) may require you to enter an app password, which will be different to your normal email password. This can be obtained within your email providers account settings.
- Finally, select what account content you want to sync to your iPhone.
Setting Up in Mail Manually
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add Account > Other > Add Mail Account.
- Fill in your name, email address, password and account description. Then tap Next.
- Mail will attempt to locate your email settings, if it does, tap Done. If Mail doesn’t, then enter them manually. If the settings you enter don’t work, then try contacting your email provider.